17 January 2007

It's a trick!!!

Greetz all. Sorry for those of you who missed my pointless rant a couple of days ago; it was up then disappeared. So I haven't been quite as negligent in posting as you think...

Oh a synopsis from that one: I'm not necessarily going to be as nice and cheery as i have in the past. You don't like it, don't read it. Or pucker up & aim for that brown hole right in the center of my big fat ass. And to whomever posted a comment to my last post that was pro-valentine's day: do us a favor and grow a pair, will ya?!?! I think it was an auto generated comment or something, but until you get your stones back, quit calling yourself a man.

Back on topic for today: In reading our wascally Captain's post from earlier, I was glad to know someone's brain somewhere in the world was working today (mine wasn't). He once again put forth a question to make our brains churn a bit and ask a hard hitting question. If you haven't read his yet, please do so now. Here's the spoiler: It is a trick question, because if you are like 99.9% of the population, you don't know the answer!!! And most of you who THINK you know it are lying to yourselves.
I've asked myself that repeatedly over various periods of my life. I'm in one of those now, so I am taking the 5th, at least for a while. I've been in or overheard discussions of part a) of his question, and the vast majority of people with quick answers are very much FULL OF SHIT. You have an answer in your hip pocket to throw out there if someone asks so you don't seem full of self doubt and are wandering aimlessly. The sad fact of the matter is most people can't (honestly) answer part a), so any response to part b) is moot. Personally I think that a good chunk of this "life" thing is finding that answer. Some lucky souls do answer it quickly, most never get there. Some know why they get up, but they don't do anything about it/for it/ towards it, in the case of a goal not yet realized. But most plod along, fooling themselves into another day in the rat race, another day fulfilling obligations that may or may not matter.

Don't misunderstand: you need an answer of some description. Otherwise, if you can't come up with an answer you are probably going to have an Egg McMagnum for breakfast. My point is make sure it's the RIGHT answer. Don't settle for a convenient one. Once you know it, DO something for it. Don't wait until you're about to kick the oxygen habit and then say "wow, what a waste" or look back and wonder "what if". It'd be a shame if your parting thoughts were about you didn't live your life as if it were YOUR life.

Or why you didn't use the cold cup of coffee Capt D threw in your face as a wake up call to think and act. Missing out on these doors that get opened for you are why you're asking the questions in the first place.

Make no mistake. You're in the driver's seat. More on that later.
Now continue banging your head on the table.

No comments: